Sunday, June 15, 2014

This is The Place

AHH! I'm so behind on my blog! Sorry blog, will you forgive me?

A few weeks ago was Memorial weekend here in the US of A so we took advantage and did some fun outings. Jared's girlfriend, Lorin got some tickets for This is The Place Monument for us so we all went together on Saturday. We woke up to rain though and were pretty sad. I decided I still really wanted to go anyways (it was just drizzling out). So glad we did because it wasn't bad at all, in fact it ended up getting really nice out towards the end.

It was my first time there. I really enjoyed it. They had a bunch of old pioneer homes, and of course anything old is my territory. I LOVED the cute little homes and antique furniture. They had people dressed like Pioneers too and they would act like they lived in the house and talk to you about things the pioneers used to do. We learned some history and got to appreciate some Utah culture. 

They also had animals out, some we were able to touch which was kind of cool! Noah was able to pet a goat and some chicks, hehe. There was a train ride that took us around the whole park so we got to see everything, and some amazing views of the valley. We got some mini doughnuts (which reminded me of Calgary Stampede) that were to die for! You gotta indulge sometimes :) I actually did a lot of indulging that weekend. Later on we had lunch and Noah got his first shave! Haha... details below :)

Baby goat running around














They had a barber shop and they give pretend shaves to little kids. It was really cute. 

Sophia's turn. 





Native dance show






2 comments: