Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Smart Phone Conversion

I did it. I made the switch. I am officially part of the smart phoning world. I always felt like I was the only one on the planet that didn't have a smart phone (well, because I pretty much was). But I liked it that way. Now, I am just another selfie taking, instagraming, gaming, tweeting, always looking at their phone - type of person. Well, not exactly. I don't want to become like that. It bothers me when people are constantly on their phone, especially when you are having a conversation with them. I think it's rude. This is the main reason I never wanted a smart phone.

I was perfectly happy with my simple, non-smart, non-touch screen phone that I got three years ago when I moved here. That was the LONGEST I've ever had the same phone by the way. But all good things have to come to an end, right? I was on a family plan with my brother in law, John's family. But they were changing things in their plan so I wasn't going to be able to stay on it with them anymore, so I thought well I guess this is the time to get a new phone.

At first I thought of course I would get the iPhone. But after talking to a few people that had had both the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy, I changed my mind. My sister just switched and loves the Galaxy. I played around with hers and liked it. I liked how big and bright it was. My eyes are getting worse so I get really frustrated on Derek's iPhone because it's so small and I can't see anything. I think I broke Derek's heart though. I always make the joke that Derek secretly works for Apple because he is always defending and fighting for Apple products!

So far I like my phone. It's nice to be able to take pictures wherever I go without having to hull my big canon everywhere or having to mess around with settings when I just want to take a quick picture of Noah eating his feet or something. And I am looking forward to the GPS if I'm ever driving somewhere unfamiliar. But to be honest, I am still worried about getting addicted. I have a very addictive personality and I can already find myself going on Facebook frequently on my phone. So I will just have to really watch myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment