Monday, December 30, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

We had been so busy that we waited to get our Christmas tree later than I would have wanted to. So one night we were like okay we NEED to go get our Christmas tree! We were babysitting Sophia at the time, so poor Noah and Sophia had to come and be freezing with us. It was abnormally cold that week! So even though both kids were crying the whole way home, we at least had our tree and that was one thing we could scratch off our list!

We got a smaller tree this year. I wanted an even smaller one but the only smaller ones were like teeny tiny baby trees. I just like the simple, small tree look lately. Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favorite things to do! It was my favorite thing as a kid, because it got me really excited for Christmas and it just brings the Christmas spirit! 

It was especially nice this year because last year we didn't even get a tree. We were in the middle of painting our new house and getting ready to move, so we didn't bother. This year we got to see all the ornaments we have been collecting. Whenever we travel, we like to find an ornament to take home.. I don't know if it will continue to work out but so far every place we've gone to since we've been married we've bought an tree ornament. We have ones from Hawaii, Las Vegas, Park City, and Nova Scotia.

Dumb of me, but I didn't even get a picture of the tree with the lights on, after we set it up. But here's a couple I took later on.

From the M&M Store





We had a few Christmas parties we went to. Our ward Christmas party, which was a breakfast, was earlier in the month. For Derek's company party, we went to The Spaghetti Factory. It was my first time there, and I loved it. Derek's grandma has a party with her side of the family every year. We don't know a lot of people there outside our immediate family, but it's still fun to go to. They rent out the gym at a chapel because there are so many people that go. Some of the kids will play an instrument or sing a song for everyone, that's always cute. We had the Christmas party with my side of the family here at our house. And we had a really nice Christmas dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Finch's home the Sunday before Christmas.





The Monday before the 25th Derek, Jared, Noah and I went to see the lights at Temple Square since we didn't see them when Hugh was here. I just love seeing the lights, it's so pretty!





Noah all bundled up



I love the Holidays because it seems like you're always surrounded by family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment