Monday, January 6, 2014

New Beginnings

Happy New Year! 2013 was such a great year, I'm looking forward to what 2014 has in store for us.

Some of the highlights from 2013...

- We moved into our first home & started our new life in Rose Park
- Noah was born & we became parents!
- I quit my job & became a stay-at-home mom
- We celebrated our second anniversary as husband & wife
- We both received callings with the youth
- My mom moved in with us
- We finished most of the basement project
- Derek finished his associates degree and got accepted into the University of Utah
- Jared came home from his mission

I think that covers most of the big stuff.

I have so many goals for 2014. Many of which are too personal for my blog. But in general, I just want to become a more humble, charitable, loving & kind human being. This is already my goal every single day but I always manage to fail. Derek says I'm too hard on myself, and maybe he's right. It's just that I know who I want to become, and I just want to be her already. But that's very unrealistic, and I know that we have our weaknesses to make us stronger.

I hope this year I can become just an ounce closer to the woman I want to be. I hope I can be a better wife, a better mom, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend, a better lover of mankind, a better teacher, a better example, a better optimist, and a better disciple.

Cheers to 2014 and to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment