Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Best Mother's Day Ever!



I now feel bad for posting on Facebook the gifts I received from Derek on Mother's Day. I guess a couple of other moms in our family gave their husbands some crap for the lack of amazing gift like mine. Sorry guys! This is why I made it a point to say that we never get each other gifts. So just for that reason alone I think I deserve it, don't I?

Anyways, like I said, we normally don't do gifts because we feel like the things we have wanted over the last couple years have been things for the house, paying off bills etc.. There are so many things we need right now that we feel guilty spending more money for unnecessary gifts. But this Mother's Day was different :) Derek knows I am really focusing on my photography skills lately, hoping to have my own business one day, so he thought of the lens as an investment for our future :) the cute bag was just a bonus gift because he's awesome!

So my new lens is a canon 50mm f1.4!  So far I am really loving it! My goal is to practice taking pictures every day. I'm sick of being frustrated with my camera or with lighting or with pictures not looking the way I want to. Earlier this month I took a free photography workshop with Fotofly - the company that did Noah's one year photos - and it was a great refresher for me, plus I learned some of new info as well.

But back to Mother's Day.. we went to church as usual then had lunch at Derek's grandma's house with some family. We came home and spent time with my mom.

Can I just say that being a mom is the BEST thing in the world? It is also one of the hardest, most challenging, stressful, demanding, exhausting, scariest things! But definitely the most joyous, happiest, humbling, and most rewarding thing you can experience! I love fulfilling my role as a mother, and I love having a precious boy to take care of each day. Even if he makes me crazy sometimes, I wouldn't change it for the world!

I'm so blessed to not only experience motherhood for myself but to have had so many wonderful, inspiring women and mother-figures in my life! Of course my amazing mom, my abuelita, my sister, aunts and cousins, school teachers, sunday school teachers, young womens leaders, ward members, friends, mother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, Derek's 3 amazing grandmothers, mothers of some of my friends, many other great mothers in both of our families and mothers I've come to know over my 23 years.

Today at church, as I sat in Relief Society and heard several wonderful comments from the elderly (is that okay to say?) women in our ward, I found myself just in awe at their wisdom and discipleship of Christ. I truly hope to be like them some day. I'm grateful for the examples I have in my life and I'm grateful for motherhood!




I love you mom, keep doing your thang! And thank you Noah (and Derek and my Heavenly Father) for giving me this priceless gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment