Sunday, May 4, 2014

Running Update

I am back at it and loving it so much! It was always hard to go out for a run being a mom without a jogging stroller (not getting one was the dumbest decision ever) but with my mom's new schedule and Jared living with us I've been able to go a lot lately. I started running again a few months ago but the last few weeks I've been strictly going 3 times a week. At first it was super hard and I could only run a mile or so. But my endurance is quickly getting back up there.

I would absolutely love to run a half marathon. I don't want to jinx myself but I'm scared that I am going to get hurt again. Last time I trained for a half marathon, I got up to 10 miles a few weeks before my race and I had to stop because I injured my calves. I don't know if it's because I kept pushing myself too hard, and then would run even though I felt pain (dumb, I know).. or because I didn't intake enough protein or calcium or what. But I'm determined, and I know one day soon I will do a half! 

I have been feeling really great though as I run lately. No major pains. So hopefully it just continues to go this way. People tell me I have fibromyalgia, whether I do or not it doesn't really matter. I believe that my diet has a lot to do with some of the pains I get. And maybe that's why running has been much better this time around. 

Jessie let me borrow her double jogger so that on days I don't have a babysitter I can bring Noah and Sophia along with me. But it needs new tires, so I need to get on that and we'll be set! 

I'm super excited to run another 5K with Jess this month. Haven't ran a race since the Fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment