Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Makeover!

Okay, so tonight I tried a new recipe that I got from @JazzyThings on Instagram. She has some awesome clean eating recipes. This is by far my favorite clean dessert I've made so far. It tastes just like a normal chocolate chip cookie and totally satisfies my sweet tooth. No white flour, and no white sugar in the dough - technically there is a little sugar in the chocolate chips. If you are concerned, you could add nuts or unsweetened coconut instead but a few dark chocolate chips won't hurt! Here is the recipe...


***I had to tweak the original recipe just a little because I did not have coconut sugar on hand. We substituted agave instead. However, as Jared and I were mixing these together I realized that agave is runny and coconut sugar is not, so the mixture was much too runny for a dough consistency. Duh. We had to problem solve, so we added 1 extra scoop of chocolate protein powder and an extra 1/2 cup or so of almond flour (we just added a little almond flour at a time until it became more dough-like). I must add, we used our new BLENDTEC blender to make both the oat flour and almond flour. How cool is that? Within seconds, we went from whole almonds to almond flour. But if you don't have a Blendtec, you can just buy those ingredients.

- 1 c oat flour
- 1 c almond flour
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (these are the large scoops which equal to about 3 TB each)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c agave
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (you could add more or less to suit your liking)

Mix everything together - we used a kitchen aid.
If you did what we did, the dough will be more gooey than what you're used to
Using a spoon, scoop balls onto a greased cookie sheet - at least 1 in. apart from each other
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes (depending on your oven), mine were best at 7 min.
Now, enjoy guilt-free delicious cookies!



I am very happy with this recipe. I might try to use the original next time and see which I like better. But I'm glad even though we had to change a couple things they still turned out awesome!

Here is the original recipe if you are interested in that one as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment