Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Weekend

We had a pretty nice Easter. We just kept it very simple. No bunnies, no eggs, no chocolate. At least at our house. I felt like this year Noah was still young and I didn't want to get him any chocolate anyways. And I figured he'd get some treats from the family. Next year we'll do more festive stuff. But I do want to keep the main focus on our Savior of course.

Derek and I actually gave talks that Sunday at church. I spoke on President Uchtdorf's talk he gave this last General Conference, "Grateful in Any Circumstances". Derek's was on Elder Holland's. It was nice to speak on Easter but it only made me more emotional than I already am. Even though I don't look forward to speaking at church I know I need to in order to help me grow and conquer my fears. It wasn't so bad this time :)

After church we went to Derek's grandparents house to have lunch with everyone.  The kids had a little egg hunt and got some sweets. And Noah did get a few cute gifts. It was an enjoyable afternoon.

I know my Savior lives. He died for our sins and he is risen! He loves us and I love him. I know it's late but Happy Easter !


Tory & little Vivienne.  Loved her Easter outfit!

Sophia looked cute in her braids

Noah loves his Papa



We took a few pictures in our back yard after we got home.. aren't we cute?



No comments:

Post a Comment