Thursday, April 17, 2014

Noah's One Year Photoshoot

We took Noah to get his pictures taken the day before his birthday. We got them done at Fotofly, in Draper. I had a bittersweet experience with them. The actual experience of taking the pictures was not very fun, and I felt stress, frustration & anxiety the whole time. We only had 45 minutes and they started us late. The photographer was very focused on getting specific poses instead of going with the flow. She kept making Noah do things he didn't want to do over and over again causing him to feel uncomfortable and eventually to a melt down. I felt like a lot of time was wasted because of this. So if you know me, I of course left feeling annoyed and worried that there wouldn't be enough good photos.

The nice thing about Fotofly though is that you get to come back an hour after your shoot was finished to see all your edited pictures! And I have to say I loved them! My worries were for nothing. I mean, there's not a ton of smiley photos but that's okay, Noah can be very serious anyways. The cake ones look especially adorable. I love them all, I love his outfits, the expressions, the backdrops, they all look very cute!

Overall I was happy with them. Especially for the price.. only $88 for a 45 min session including your disc & copyright. Not too shabby.

So that was our first experience with a studio photo shoot. We got 49 photos which is awesome! Here are most of them...


Loving this chair!


My mischievous boy


"I don't want to stand holding onto the bench over and over, I want to crawl around!!!"

This was very hard. Derek had to be right there because he kept wanting to jump off!

So precious!

I just love how he's holding onto the chair, haha. And I love how you can see his two little teeth!




Eventually after he kept being persistent in wanting to crawl around, the photographer decided it was okay to take a few crawling photos..

We tried to get him to hold the chalkboard sign but he kept turning it around to look at it, so we tried setting it up on the floor with him behind it but he kept crawling to it and pushing it over, haha. So this was the last resort. But he looks very well mannered in this picture, doesn't he? Hehe. 

And yes, he's only 18 pounds :) He's a little guy for sure.

Pure Derek! 

We tried to get some in this locker with his sweater on but he wouldn't have it. 

Those big eyes just melt me. 

You can see his growing mullet in this one

This is one of my favorites! He kept trying to grab the icing but then it would stick to his hands so he would just fling it on the floor over and over, haha. 

Finally, I took his hands and mushed them in the cake a little. Once he saw the cake, he started eating it and didn't stop! 

You can see all the icing on the floor around him that he flung off his fingers :)



Isn't he gorgeous?


Nom Nom!!!


The cake was supposed to be an off-white.. but they made it orangey - tan. Oh well, it still looked cute and went well with the photos!

Getting down to business. Eating cake is a serious. 


Love his little feet!

And another one of my favorites. So funny!

This was the first time we gave cake to Noah. I hope you enjoyed it buddy. By the looks of it you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment